Researchers wanted!

More
5 years 5 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #140392 by Playaveli
We would need someone with indepth SWOS knowledge who has some spare time to further extend and finish this table:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEZGcm0N...1IA/edit?usp=sharing

Basicly, I would want a complete overview on every competition detail there is in the game. Domestic leagues, Eurocups, World Cup, EC etc etc... every little piece of information on career mode!
On the other sheet, country codes need review. So that has to be done as well.

The reason is pretty obvious.. :P

Will Scotland have 12 teams?

Will there be new CL format?

Will you update league structures?

#no-more :lol:

I could do it myself, but I have so much other stuff to do. Would be great to get in somebody.

Thanks for stepping forward
, fellow believers!

HOW TO QUICKLY DOUBLE CHECK FORMATS?

Quick links for reference:

paul.swos.eu/sensi/editinfo.htm
(The list of team numbers + Quantities of teams per file in SWOS 96/97)

download.swos.pl/playaveli/fformatswos.htm
(Table of country codes at bottom)
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Playaveli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140395 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
What about leagues with playoff structure and stuff like this. I doubt this would be possible to recreate in swos or am I wrong?

Ie the Danish league and the Belgium league has this season structure.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #140396 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Researchers wanted!

What about leagues with playoff structure and stuff like this. I doubt this would be possible to recreate in swos or am I wrong?

Ie the Danish league and the Belgium league has this season structure.

There are already Play offs in SWOS for promotion, so why not also for a championship? Should be doable!

More
5 years 5 months ago #140399 by Rock and Roll
When does it have to be finished? I ve got a lot of deadlines in November but after that I ve got plenty of time :)

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #140400 by Rock and Roll
And something else. Are we speaking of adding leagues or not? E.g. in the Netherlands we now have two added leagues with promotion to the professional leagues. I d love to see the National League (Tier 5) in England...

And there are strange things e.g. in El Salvador where there are two leagues in a season (Apertura and Clausura). Both are full leagues with 12 teams with home and away matches. The top eight teams qualify for the playoffs where they play home and away games (bar the final). If teams are equal on aggregate the team who finished highest in the league progresses..... After both seasons the totals of both leagues are added to determine who gets relegated. BUT don t get me started on who qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League and Europa League equivalents.... :D. Is there a structure we have to fit the league in, or do we just report what happens in real life (it ll need a lot more space in the Google Sheet :) ) ?

More
5 years 5 months ago #140404 by sensibleswos
If we can make league structures updated like Scotland Premier league with 12 teams it would mean we have to add two extra teams in to team 33. Same with many other team data files such as United States and so on. I guess we would need to add new national leagues, national teams, fifa codes, and rename leagues and nations for instance Yugoslavia to Serbia. I d be happy to help with this

• Kefka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #140405 by Kefka
Replied by Kefka on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
I ve been researching south america, and the current formats are very strange. So should i simplify or go all in?

E.g. in venezuela there are 18 teams who play a league in one round top 8 goes to play off to decide winner. Then It starts all over again with the 18 teams playing one round but without playoffs. Many, many of the leauges are like that. Simplify woformats uld mean 18 teams, 2 rounds.

Also;
should I add cups?
Add a 2nd division in s.america? I can try to get their names and stats as well.
Add formats for Copa libertadores and copa sudamericana?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #140406 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
Thanks for your reply, guys! That s the spirit, I love it! 8)

When does it have to be finished? I ve got a lot of deadlines in November but after that I ve got plenty of time :)

No deadline for this year! Until Feb/March 2019 is fine I think! Would be awesome if you could help me with that!

And something else. Are we speaking of adding leagues or not? E.g. in the Netherlands we now have two added leagues with promotion to the professional leagues. I d love to see the National League (Tier 5) in England...

And there are strange things e.g. in El Salvador where there are two leagues in a season (Apertura and Clausura). Both are full leagues with 12 teams with home and away matches. The top eight teams qualify for the playoffs where they play home and away games (bar the final). If teams are equal on aggregate the team who finished highest in the league progresses..... After both seasons the totals of both leagues are added to determine who gets relegated. BUT don t get me started on who qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League and Europa League equivalents.... :D. Is there a structure we have to fit the league in, or do we just report what happens in real life (it ll need a lot more space in the Google Sheet :) ) ?

As of now, only check what SWOS 96/97 offers, write it down and convert it to current (18/19) formats. So, YES, report what happens in real life now.

Of course, this google-table can be extended. It s not completed, I know... I just opened it quickly to avoid more and more questions like the ones I have quoted... :P

If we can make league structures updated like Scotland Premier league with 12 teams it would mean we have to add two extra teams in to team 33. Same with many other team data files such as United States and so on. I guess we would need to add new national leagues, national teams, fifa codes, and rename leagues and nations for instance Yugoslavia to Serbia. I d be happy to help with this

Adding teams shouldn t be a problem then. That s a child s play.
For FIFA codes there is already a spreadsheet open in this google doc.

Thanks, Steve! Please tell me your google email, then I can assign you with the FIFA/country codes! 8)

Was lokking into Argentina. This is from wikipedia
Also, theyre trying to make the league smaller, 4 relegated and only 2 promoted from B liga.

Maybe skip that and say 4 teams relegated and promoted?

This can be changed on short notice.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140407 by sensibleswos
Playaveli sent you a PM with my e-mail!

• petarku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #140408 by petarku
Replied by petarku on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
Hi Playaveli , i already sent you request for editing that excel. You should have my email there.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds