Team database - bug reports

More
3 years 10 months ago #143586 by Playaveli
Final version of SWOS 2020 data has been released. Update via launcher of SWOS 2020 v1.2
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143615 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

Bugs to be reported here:
- same two players in same or different clubs
- players in a wrong team
- wrong coaches / managers
- typos of player / team names
- wrong skin/hair
- wrong nationalities

So everything about the all the wrong formations in the English Premier league I should post in Bug Reports? Just wondering, since I did post it there before but for SWOS2020 v1.2 nothing has been done with them. So I thought lets ask if it should be posted here instead?

More
3 years 10 months ago #143616 by Synchronated
iirc most of the formation ones were teams that 'should be 433'

they were not wrong, but 433 wasn't used because the swos 433 is totally broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemonheadiv, captaincofresi

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143617 by captaincofresi
Synchronated said:

iirc most of the formation ones were teams that 'should be 433'

they were not wrong, but 433 wasn't used because the swos 433 is totally broken.

That is where you are wrong, only Aston Villa and Manchester City would be 433 in real life, so that would now would have to be to 451, while only Liverpool has the 433 formation as default that now should be 451. And then I would still opt for a more offensive formation, e.g. 442 instead of 451 what most teams in the English Premier League have now. Most teams would be 442 or 424 instead of the 451 that it is now.

EDIT: Thanks, I will now be using the irl 433 = swos 451 rule to do a local edit for the SWOS formations to better represent the real life English Premier League. As noted by Synchronated .
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: only going to do a local edit for the English Premier league to fix the formations to resemble real life formations better

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143620 by Synchronated
but they don't play 442 Irl. they play something almost identical to swos 451. it would be impossible to fit the liverpool lineup into 442 for example.

I get that 451 can appear too defensive but it's not incorrect for any of the top teams, it's functionally what a modern 433 is.

Most of your others are good but they are judgment calls either way, not errors
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Synchronated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143621 by captaincofresi
Synchronated said:

but they don't play 442 Irl. they play something almost identical to swos 451. it would be impossible to fit the liverpool lineup into 442 for example.

I get that 451 can appear too defensive but it's not incorrect for any of the top teams, it's functionally what a modern 433 is.

Most of your others are good but they are judgment calls either way, not errors

Okay, then it's for a small part the confusion due to the 451 formation appearing on paper to be defensive while in Sensi it actually works as a different formation. So all in all they would be more offensive than they appear to be, I get that. Just thought I was still playing versus teams using the old long ball tactics English football used to be known for (and this would still be true for the lower teams then?). Only nowadays it has evolved quite a bit. Even with that taken into account, a lot of teams in the English Premier League in SWOS 2020 do not reflect their formation in real life. And that is no judgement call, that is just research of the actual real life formations and translating them to SWOS 2020.

And. well yes in 442 Liverpool players will not play in their usual spots, although it is possible ;-). Used 442 already on multiple careers with Liverpool in SWOS 2020, since then I can more easily switch to playing online occassionally with the 442 formation for Brazil.96/97.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143645 by MIJB#19
Replied by MIJB#19 on topic Team database - bug reports
Team Names
Ziechtenstein (Europe) should be fixed from Ziehctenstein to Liechtenstein. (I mean, seriously. :lol: )

Player names or nationalities
Arturo Vidal on FC Barcelona (ESP) should be fixed from CHN to CHL.
Edison Bilbao on Gudja United (MLT) should be fixed from CHN to CHL.
Cyriel Dessers on Heracles Almelo (HOL) should be fixed from BEL to NIG.
Aaron Appindagoye on Sivasspor (TUR) should be named Aaron Appindangoye.
Adolfo Hirsh on San Marino (Europe) should be named Adolfo Hirsch.
Andreja Afremov on Vllaznia Shkoder (ALB) should be fixed from MOL to MAC.
Arnor Ingvi Traustason on Malmo FF (SWE) should be fixed from SWE to ICE.
Augustine Mulenga on Orlando Pirates (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZAM.
Bradley Grobler on Supersport Utd (SAF) should be fixed from ZIM to SAF.
Butholezwe Ncube on Azamulu FC (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZIM.
Cedric Hountondji on Clermont (FRA) should be fixed from BEL to BEN.
Cengis Under on Turkey (Europe) should be named Cengiz Under.
Daan Klinkenberg on FC Inter Turku (FIN) should be fixed from FIN to HOL.
Daniel Akpeyi on Kaizer Chiefs (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to NIG.
Dean Furman on Supersport Utd (SAF) should be fixed from BOT to SAF.
Divine Lunga on Golden Arrows (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZIM.
Domingues on Bidvest Wits FC (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to MOZ.
Edmilson Dove on Cape Town City (SAF) should be fixed from GRE to MOZ.
Emmanuel Okwi on El Ittihad (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to UGA.
Eric Traore on Pyramids FC (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to BFS.
Fiston Abdul Razak on Enppi SC (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to BUR.
Gabadinho Mhango on Orlando Pirates (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to MLW.
Gilli Rolantsson on SK Brann (NOR) should be fixed from CUS to FAR.
Gunnar Nielsen on FH Hafnarfjordur (ICE) should be fixed from ICE to FAR.
Guram Kashia on San Jose Quakes (USA) should be fixed from CUS to GEO.

Duplicate players
Ahmed Hassan (EGY) is on Olympiakos (GRE) and also on Sporting Braga B (POR), apparently contracted by Braga, but on loan at Olympiakos from Jan 2020 through Jun 2020.
Andreja Afremov is on Vllaznia Shkoder (ALB) and also on Lokomotiv Sofia (BUL), apparently left Levski in Jan 2019, but joined Vllaznia in Jan 2020.
Daan Klinkenberg is on Aalesunds FK (NOR) and also on FC Inter Turku (FIN), he transferred in Jan 2020 from FC Inter to Aalesund.
Daniel Carrico is on Sevilla (ESP) and also on Wuhan Zall (CHN), he transferred in Feb 2020 from Sevilla to WH Zall.
Ervin Tjon-a-Loi is on SV Transvaal (SUR) and also on West United (SUR), I could only find him leaving Transvaal in Jan 2019 to an unknown club.
German Conti is on Atlas (MEX) and also on Benfica B (POR), he's at Atlas on loan from Benfica since Jan 2020 through Dec 2020.

General thing about Congo and Congo
A lot of players from DR Congo (formerly Zaire) are from ZAI on their club, but from CON on the national team, some even listed as from CUS. No idea what the correct way is, but I supposed all from DR Congo were meant to be ZAI and all from (non DR) Congo as CON.

(Yes, I stopped checking at players starting with a G, that was more than enough for one night. ;) .)

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143646 by Playaveli
Thanks for this detailed report! We will check it.

Ziechtenstein is "Z" for a reason... :-P One country has to go to get Yugosl... eehrm Serbia in the game!

PS: Welcome back! :) I reassigned your old post count (126 posts) to your new account. Should be viewable in a couple of days.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MIJB#19

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143648 by Rock and Roll
I checked a few corrections which had to do with my updates / or the Dutch players.

Cyriel Dessers can be changed to Nigeria. This wasn't a bug though. He recently applied for a Nigerian passport (he already has a Belgian one) so he could play for the Super Eagles. He was called up to the Nigeria squad just before the stupid virus hit the world but hasn't yet played.

Gunnar Nielsen was a mistake. He should be FAR.

Ervin Tjon A Loi is a good find for swos 2020 because he leads to another important correction. Replace Ervin Tjon A Loi with Ferando Hoepel at NV Transvaal (it was SV Transvaal but they changed it since the update). So this means the team name has to be changed too! Surinam is a pain to update, especially seeing as most teams aren't updated with formations etc on Soccerway and Transfermarkt sometimes has players on teams who retired a long time ago, and doesn't have a few teams. Last information I can find on Ervin is that he is still at West United.

Now back to cleaning my old pc so I can finally get back to swos online :)

Thanks for the good work mate!
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rock and Roll.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143649 by Betichus
Good morning, I will check this bugs on this evening. Thanks to #MIJB19 for the report.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds