Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

More
17 years 4 months ago #15405 by the_cnk
yeah never thought that way....hear me fifa...set the time of regular games to 10 mins....give pakistan a chance...:P
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 4 months ago #15406 by Playaveli
About the relic of old Sega times...

Most people here think 5mins are better only because they are just used to it. If people are used to something it is always hard to convince them of something different, even it may be better... Phenomena of everyday life! ;)
More
17 years 4 months ago #15408 by Oli O.
Lets use German in this forum, cause I m used to....:D
  • Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #15411 by Domin Gabryel
Replied by Domin Gabryel on topic Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

do the football fedarations or fifa voteing to make the game 45 min to give more chance to a new promoted team...

Not.. But now we dont play 90mins, this 5 min is like playin about 150min in real :P
More
17 years 4 months ago #15412 by the_cnk
[

Not.. But now we dont play 90mins, this 5 min is like playin about 150min in real :P

yep maybe u are right...but it was our fedaration who decided at the first place...there is no need to make it 90mins for just promoted...:P
More
17 years 4 months ago #15413 by Playaveli

...in fifa for example when u first install the game difficulty is on amateur...is this the standart for fifa...

Hrhr....that should be reason enough to bann you! :D Comparing SWOS to Fifa...grrrrrrr.... ;)
More
17 years 4 months ago #15417 by the_cnk
heheh..u can change it with another game which has a difficulty option..:P
More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15567 by SPIR
Ive allways played 5 minute games. This feels like 90 minutes for me. I dont (i can´t) score 25 goals in a 5 minute game, but i can understand that for many players 5 minutes feels too long (like 150 minutes), especially if trailing 5 goals behind at half time.

Edit: just played some 3 minute games, they were much too short. :-\
More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #15970 by Playaveli
Rules change from 1st of March on:

Webnews by Redhair:
Time for all SWOS-matches has to be 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes. With this, the rules get adapted to international competition standard. Additionally this rule change promises intense and realistic results. It has proven fine on all offline events. If you still prefer to play 5mins you have to arrange it with your opponent, just like the rule for tactics. 5mins have to be agreed, 3mins are standard now. We aim to offer all newbies a confident fundament to play on as SWOS time is 3mins on standard and everybody knows the standard tactics of the game. Accordingly these rules screen newcomers from shock defeats which may stop them playing online.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #17008 by Emmeti
I say welcome to the new rule...

Just a few notes :
i think ss.de is big enough to have its own standards...i don t think ss.de needs to adapt to ISSA (pc swossers) or HAJAS or serbians pc swossers.
Intense (....what?) and realistic results...well, i didn t know high score games are necessarily bad games...and also...realistic and swos...there must be something wrong in the sentence.
Hehe...newbies, losing 6-0 instead of 10-0 or more ...now you ve solved their problems.
Isn t losing badly at the beginning kinda normal on the path of the swosser? 10...11...20...what s the difference?

I love swos , i don t care if 3 mins, 5 mins...etc.etc., i am just trying to make a point and i am suprised people look for surprising results and dramatic games.
... dramatic games??? Is swos fun for you?
Why surprise is so important for you? Isn t swos intense enough for you? Maybe you could find dramatic enough to bet real money on games or for example you could choose san marino instead of brazil...that would bring some really surprising results immediately in swostown!

To Playaveli : i am really surprised you wrote : - Underdogs have bigger chances to win obviously , you, the father of the professional swosser movement where the best always wins (especially with custom tactics)...
I am sure skills will remain the key factor of the win with 3 mins too (obviously), but carefully reading your words it seems you want luck to play its role in the game too. Well, once again...i am surprised. I don t want to risk to win a game just because of luck , i would like to win because i am stronger than my opponent...so i ask you: why do you consider levelling down a smart move?
Probably you will ask me what levelling down means , well, i tell you : + luck = - skill (if underdogs have bigger chances to win...must be something like this).

My suggestion is ...delete last playaveli s post and write :
Rules change from 1st of March on:
Time for all SWOS-matches has to be 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes!
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds