A little bit of ideas for future new features

More
2 years 9 months ago #145172 by captaincofresi
This suggestion might have already been noted by the team, now that the news is just out: no more winning on away goals on tournaments for the 21/22 season for club teams. Instead it would then be Extra Time and Penalties on a draw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145204 by captaincofresi
Extras challenge ideas:

(1) A Liverpool challenge on 'normal level' , as I think the current challenge to come back from 3-0 in one half is at 'expert level' on how challenging it is. I suggest the Champions League 2-leg semi-final of 2019 versus Barcelona. Where Liverpool lost 3-0 away in Barcelona, and for the challenge you play the Home match in Liverpool to at least make sure you get to 3-3 and maybe even farther ;-) . Consider using the Anfield stadium, when it is finished (seen a preview on Facebook).

(2) And I think another overturned match would be interesting, in round-of-16 in 2017 where PSG won 4-1 at home versus Barcelona. And then playing the Home match in Barcelona and try and overcome that. Consider using the Camp Nou stadium (if it is created by someone, not sure about that though).

I think both challenges should off course be played with the old rule (that is changing next year in 2020/2021 for club teams), where away goals weigh more than home goals.

(3) 1976 Euro Cup in Yugoslavia Penalty series in the Final - being able to choose either Czechoslovakia or West Germany. Played in Belgrade. First introduction of the possibility of a draw and that it had to be decided on penalties.

(4) 1994 World Cup USA Penalty series in the Final - being able to choose either Brazil or Italy. Played in Pasadena.

(5) 2006 World Cup Penalty series in the Final - being able to choose either Italy or France, using the Berlin's Olympiastadion (2006 version) from the World Cup stadiums.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145207 by captaincofresi
Extras challenge idea (as a sort of training exercise):

Running up to the goalkeeper from 32 meter (twice the distance of the box) and having to score within 5 seconds with a maximum of 3 touches (although in Sensi's loose ball control, probably best to simulate this is if the ball is loose disallow the goal). Goalkeeper would need to be cpu, maybe later manual control can be added? That is how they did run-up penalty shootouts in the Major League Soccer in the USA for a while, see here:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: spelling.

More
2 years 8 months ago #145208 by Gorzo
What do you think about such a challenges something like on FM. There is a 27th round of the Premier League, we take over, for example, Arsenal, which has 9 points and closes the tables, the most important players are injured until the end of the season and we make a few transfers and the remaining players are trial or reserves and we must stay on Premier League :D
I don't know if anyone has already written this, so forgive me if I missed it :P

More
2 years 8 months ago #145256 by adrianozzo
I'm playing a 1991 career, and I just wondered: how good would it be to have a DLC with some iconic players with their physical trademarks, such as Baggio with is ponytail, Maradona with bigger curly hair, Valderrama with dark skin and big blond hair, Ravanelli with white hair...

More
2 years 8 months ago #145264 by waarzawa
Suggestion : how about an option to slow the game by, let's say, 25% ?
I know most people enjoy the fast pace of the game, but this could also be a very fun way to play it.
Cheers.

More
2 years 8 months ago #145317 by zandarbandar
Hi all!

I finally dared to register on this site after years of following the conversation. The work everyone here has done with swos is amazing, miraculous, fantastic! I've played sensiblesoccer-games since 1992 or something and while I've played tons of other footballgames through the years I've never been able to find anything as authentic as swos: just to clarify FIFA:s and PES:s hyperrealism in graphics doesn't have nearly anything to do with authentic in my opinion, and football really is not that difficult game to play in real world as for example their controls suggests.

I begin my posting here with this idea which i haven't spot anyone has thrown in yet. It's also something i've missed in swos since 90-s:

I think in career mode this would add some dynamics to transfers and also add the nice feeling that my choices actually affects the gameworld:
when i sold a player out from my squad the players' marketvalue in his new club would stay the same it was in my squad at the time of selling. For example if 500K player sat on the bench all the time in my squad and his value dropped somewhere near 100K, then if some other club bought the player his value would be that 100K in that new club as well instead of bouncing back to original 500K. Or if my 12M goalscorinsuperstarheros' value would go up to 17M and some of those rich clubs bought him he would be that 17M-man there.

It should work other way round as well: if I bought back players i sold earlier in the career their values would be their "new" ones.

Does this idea ring the bells with anyone here? I have now idea how difficult would it be to actually implement this feature. I'm anyway more than happy that some of you swos-activists have kept the game alive all these years.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145318 by Playaveli
Awesome first post and a great idea. Noted! It actually rings a VERY loud bell for me. :-) We'll see what we can do about it.
Very happy to read that you like the work and still enjoy SWOS after all this time.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Playaveli.

More
2 years 7 months ago #145340 by zandarbandar
Thank you for the reply. It's nice to hear others might find this idea good too. I really look forward(damn', i just realised half of my english-phrases are from swos! That's exactly how the club-owner welcomes the players to the new club, or cheers up for the new season in english-version...) if some of you who's capable enough for it(i personally am definetly not, i would have tried to solve it myself already in that case) can work it out.

Other thought that crosses my mind every now and then about career mode is about formations: when i leave the club to other one which gave me a new contract, it would be nice that in my previous club "AI" would continue using the formation i left the squad with(that's actually something that seems to happen some times in the game already, but i think it would be good to have it as first option). It's quite common that when i'm leaving the club, before i start the new season with new club, with my old club i try to put on players that would suite best to the original formation so that the team wouldn't be completely messed up when AI-coaches takes it under their "gentle" control.

There would be few benefits to game-experience there:

1. No need to hassle too much when leaving the club just for having opponents competitive enough.
2. No need to remember the clubs' original formations.
3. AI- teams playing customised tactics.
4. Possibly better AI-opponents during the career.
5. The same as in my earlier idea: feeling that players choices actually affects to the gameworld.

Any thoughts about that anyone?

By the way, when ever there's new databases coming up i can offer my help in evaluating clubs and squads especially in finland(feel free to ask when theres's something going on with these). Although i must admit there's a biiig risk i overestimate FF Jaro-players if the squad ever returns to Finnish prem. league(Veikkausliiga). I've done something with some editors(mostly with Pablo Friedlenders' awesome Swosfff wich seems not to be the first choice for editing with this forums databaserules no more, if i've understood it correctly) so that i'm somehow familiar with SWOS's skillsystem.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #145341 by captaincofresi
Suggestion: Being able to turn off finance / transfer management to just play one whole Career Season without having to bother with any transfers, so a season that also includes all the Cup matches and European matches.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds