Different difficulty between AMIGA version, and PC version (played in AMIGA way)

More
3 years 2 months ago #144390 by lucasenseict
Hello everyone after several seasons matches both with swos 2020 and with aswos winUae I can say that the goalkeepers have improved significantly. I notice it above all in the diagonal shots with which at least with the poor teams you scored ... can you also confirm that you cannot score diagonally as in the classic Amiga version? thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: xsim75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144502 by Noozie2111

More
3 years 1 month ago #144573 by starwindz
1.4.2c version of SWOS 2020 has been released. this update includes the test version of port exe for fixing stronger goalkeeper AI in Amiga mode. Please test this version and post your feedback on this forum

More
3 years 1 month ago #144584 by lemonheadiv
I tried a few games with this new version. Cross shots without aftertouch seem as effective as on Amiga now.
Looking forward to read more feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starwindz, captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago #144586 by petarku
played 5 games with new version, goal scoring feels more amiga to me now , diagonals and bends from outside 16. Also the goals that cpu is scoring feels more like on real amiga (tap ins etc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: starwindz, captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144591 by captaincofresi
I have tested the Original AMIGA GKs in my Nations Super League versus the Ludicrous difficult GKs and have noticed the following, the percentages are just rough estimates:

Original AMIGA GKs (8 matches) vs Ludicrous difficult GKs (8 matches), all in Amiga style versus the CPU:
- Scoring with Original AMIGA GKs from a diagonal angle, with the ball curving outward from the goal and the ball running over the ground, go in about 50% to 60%, as opposed to 5% to 10% with Ludicrous difficult GKs (higher chance when just coming into the box on the edge). For the Ludicrous difficult GKs version I mostly choose to shoot high diagonal shots with the ball curving in, these go in about 20% to 30%. And from a corner going into the box I can also make these shots over the ground about 40% to 50% of the time.
- Scoring with Original AMIGA GKs when running straight at the box, a shot over the ground, either in the box or just outside of it with a cruve left or right go in about 30% to 40%, as opposed to 5% with hard GKs.
- CPU scores way more goals on Original AMIGA GKs as opposed to the Ludicrous difficult GKs, when they are playing versus me (not in the show results).
- See the results below from the standings in the Nation Super League, do notice the number goals F and A difference for the Netherlands between the Original AMIGA GKs and Ludicrous difficult GKs.
- I also added the top scorer list, I play with the Netherlands. So Memphis Depay is my top scorer on the Original AMIGA GKs test and in total 18 goals with all top scorers, and in the Ludicrous difficult GKs list I only scored 4 goals that made it to the topscorers list.

Conclusion: Great work by the SWOS2020 development team in getting the Original AMIGA GKs back into the SWOS2020 game,
it makes the game far more accessible for beginning players, just keep Having Fun!

As I stopped playing ASWOS because I got so used to the Ludicrous difficult GKs I had to totally switch my tactics when playing that, because of so many different ways to score easily, that you then also have to defend differently. All in all, it would be quite interesting, if it is at all possible in the future to have the ability to play SWOS2020 in multiplayer online. Although I don't really know if that is a possibity at all as the program is now.

Just check the attatchments below for the standings and top scorers, since the interface on this forum is just not working properly in the common browsers Firefox and MS Edge (Insert button does not work, Preview does not work). I uploaded the files in the order Original AMIGA GKs (called them easy GKs before) then Ludicrous difficult GKs (called them hard GKs before).
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by captaincofresi. Reason: After a comment on this forum by Playaveli, I changed the following terms that were misleading: easy GKs = Original AMIGA GKs (right term) and hard GKs = Ludicrous difficult GKs (term that just fits)
The following user(s) said Thank You: starwindz

More
3 years 1 month ago #144594 by Playaveli
Let's call them "original AMIGA keepers"... rather than "easy GK"! :side: That would be misleading.

Thanks for your post and test results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago #144596 by captaincofresi

Let's call them "original AMIGA keepers"... rather than "easy GK"! :side: That would be misleading.

Thanks for your post and test results.

Well, yeah you are right there. That is misleading, original AMIGA keepers and, just to use a Spaceballs term, the Ludicrous difficult keepers ;) .

More
3 years 1 month ago #144629 by Theologistic
Hi All,

Great piece of work here to detect the code; having a thorough test of version 1.5.2 last night, I feel really comfortable that the Amiga goalkeepers are more inkeeping with the original SWOS Amiga experience. I was winning games by the margins I had become accustomed to, with my many years of practice!

This is a fantastic find and the work is truly appreciated!

Can’t wait to see what’s in store next!

Leo / Theologistic
The following user(s) said Thank You: starwindz

More
3 years 1 month ago #144669 by Playaveli
Thank you, guys, for all your feedback and play testing.
I think it's safe to say: Goalkeeper issue is solved!

Great work, starwindz, finding the needle in the hay stack!

Time to create page: 0.696 seconds